After more than 40 years of serving as the leader in payroll education, publications, and training, the American Payroll Association and the Global Payroll Management Institute (founded in 2015) combined to become PayrollOrg (PAYO). This change went into effect on May 2, 2023, to better represent our borderless global community of payroll leaders.
PAYO is the payroll industry leader in education, publications, and networking, helping its constituents grow their leadership practices and stay on the cutting edge of payroll industry standards. Each year, PAYO enrolls more than 100,000 participants from more than 100 countries in its training programs, and provides publications, newsletters, and resources to help payroll professionals maintain compliance.
What We Do
- Build knowledge. PayrollOrg is the authoritative source for education, training, certification, certificate programs, publications, and resources for payroll professionals worldwide.
- Promote recognition. PayrollOrg promotes payroll as a respected professional discipline and as an important strategic partner within organizations around the world.
- Foster community. PayrollOrg provides a community where payroll professionals engage with trusted industry peers to share expertise and network.
- Engage in advocacy. PayrollOrg represents payroll professionals before government agencies, resulting in a positive legislative and regulatory climate for the payroll industry.
- Educate the public. PayrollOrg provides public service education on payroll and employment issues.
Learn more about PayrollOrg membership
Our Mission and Vision
Our Core Values
Bylaws and Code of Ethics
PayrollOrg is a professional organization run by a professional staff under the direction of a member president and board of directors. PayrollOrg's bylaws govern the operation of the organization and the Code of Ethics sets out the ethical obligations of payroll professionals.
Our Board of Directors and Officers
Composed of PayrollOrg members, our Board of Directors oversees the property and activities of PayrollOrg. The Board consists of six Regular Directors, the President, the Executive Director, and the Corporate Member Advisor.
Other national PayrollOrg officers include the President-Elect, Immediate Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Vice Presidents.
The PayrollOrg President’s Board of Advisors serves as a liaison to PayrollOrg’s local affiliated chapters. Also composed of PayrollOrg members, the Board of Advisors represents chapters in nine U.S. regions and works to bring forth recommendations for future PayrollOrg endeavors.
The Annual Report includes a list of the organization’s top accomplishments for the past year, audited financial statements, and information about the organization’s structure, staff, committees, volunteers, and award winners.
Payroll Hall of Fame
The Payroll Hall of Fame virtually enshrines payroll professionals who have contributed greatly to the advancement of the payroll profession and to the mission of the organization.
Our members may participate in a variety of activities by participating in its committees, boards, advisory groups, and task forces. In addition, PayrollOrg staff help support our member community.